nordyne elec furnace part

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

rogerman123

I have a nordyne E2EB-015HR I WAS TOLD IT NEEDS SEQUENCERS AND A FAN RELAY....IT WILL COST $1100.00...CAN YOU HELP ME GET THE PARTS?
Robert

Hi,

We have the parts. The Sequencer and Relay plus shipping totals $60.

If you are slightly handy with tools/repairs, this is a definate DIY task.

$1,100 is a rip and absurd.

What is the furnace doing in case it was misdiagnosed ?

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
rogerman123

the furnace will come on when you set the thermostat.....it stays on for about 5 min. then it shuts off for about 2 min. until it reaches the temp you set on the thermostat.
rogerman123

it does that continually untill it reaches temp
Robert

Do you have A/C also or just Heat ?

If you have A/C also, switch t-stat to Cool and see if blower remains on through the cycle.

If so, you most likely just need a Sequencer.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
rogerman123

NO I DON'T HAVE AC......I DID FORGET TO MENTION THAT THE REPAIR TEC THAT LOOKED AT MY UNIT SAID THE T-STAT WAS WIRED INCORECTLY. HE SWITCHED SOME OF THE CONNECTIONS AND THE UNIT RAN FOR A LITTLE LONGER BUT SOON STARTED TO CYCLE ON AND OFF AGAIN LIKE BEFORE.
Robert

Hi,

If this is the same person who quoted you $1,100 to repair it, can you tell me what color wire is connected to what letter terminal on t-stat?

Thanks,
Robert
rogerman123

IT WAS THE SAME PESON WHO GAVE ME THE ESTIMATE.....I WILL GET YOU THE INFO LATER TODAY WHEN I GET HOME FROM WORK.....THANKS FOR YOUR HELP
Robert

Hi,

You're very welcome. With that absurd estimate, I tend to not trust this guy and want to be sure he has not done something dishonest.

Although, that estimate itself was dishonest .

Thanks,
Robert
rogerman123

The make of the t-stat is a White Rogers, I had the white wire connected to the WH terminal, and the red wire connected to the 4M terminal. He removed the red wire and put it to the RV terminal.
He left the white wire to the WH terminal. I hope that is what you need to know.......let me know, thanks......Roger
Robert

What is the model number of the t-stat ?

Had the furnace been working fine with the t-stat connected as you had it, then suddenly stopped ?

Thanks,
Robert
rogerman123

No it was malfunctioning when I got the house about eight months ago. I just now have had the time and money to fix things. At first when it was not working right I tried replacing the t-stat and filter, then is when I called the company to check it out. So its been doing the same thing the whole time.
rogerman123

Sorry I forgot the model #1F56-306 White Rogers
Robert

Hi,

That White-Rodgers T-Stat # 1F56-306 should have the following terminals:

4, W, R, Y, G

IF you only have two wires, the White goes to W and the Red to R.

I believe that is how it is wired now.

Do you have or have access to a Multi-Meter to test voltages and do you feel comfortable doing so ?

If so, you can test the sequencer and blower relay to see if they're faulty.

I believe that the sequencer is the problem, but w/o testing can't say for sure.

Without testing, I would suggest buying both the sequencer and blower relay and replacing them yourself for best chance of solving this problem.

The only absolute way is to test or call a reputable Tech, but based on what info you have given and my 27+ years in this business, I believe that the sequencer and blower relay both being replaced will resolve this issue.

I'm not there though, so can only give my advice based on the limited info I have.

If you have or can get a meter and want to test them, let me know.

Thanks,
Robert
rogerman123

I do have a meter, but from what you have told me and the tec that was here I would like to just go ahead and replace the sequencers and relay. If you could give me the part #s I will order them from You?......are there two sequencers or just one?
Thanks so much for your help, after i get the parts installed I will let you know how it went..........Roger