Ignighter settings?...

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

oldfart

Well now fellers I'm not sure if this is a leagle post or not but I'll ask anyways. The mods can delete it if it falls outside the rules. Anyways, Miller MOC oil furnace...Wayne MP98 Model M-LS. I'm getting ready for cold weather and cleaned the furnace, stack, filters, blower etc. and wanted to check the settings on the ignighter. So how far from the nozzle, how far above the nozzle and how wide should the gap be on the ignighter? The furnace is a ca. 1975 if it matters. Thanks folks! Audie..the scurryin' Oldfart..:)
Rod

Audie,

Heres some specs that should work fine providing the electrode tips arent worn down.
Gap 5/32 (same thickness as 2 pennies) You can use the two pennies as a spacer.
Flush to 1/16 past tip.
Height, will usually take care of itself if the other 2 measurements are correct. 7/16th above center on nozzle is about right.

Good Luck Rod
oldfart

Thanks Rod! Cleaned the tips and reset the gap. It was a bit wide. One more job done..now on to fixin' the skirting! Audie...the Oldfart!