Intertherm Model MGH-065

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

mundo59

Pilot will not stay lit so thinking it is the thermo couple. How do I remove/replace it? I can see reach the end into the gas valve but how do I access the end by the burner to remove/reattach new one? I see I can remove small sheet metal flange where it enters the furnace - but not sure how to reach the other end. If I looked through the hinged round fire door access seems to be blocked by a metal cap plate sitting over the pilot. Would have area pro come out but he is undergoing cancer treatment right now. Thanks!
Robert

Hi,

Is there not other hvac companies in the area or other hvac techs ? Without experience and knowledge concerning this, would be best to have an hvac tech do the replacement.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
mundo59

Thanks, Robert. I have replaced them on home furnaces in the past, just not in a manufactured home. Thot it was worth a shot trying to figure out how to DIY. Didn't know if it meant disconnecting the gas valve from the front for access or what. Guess I'll go back to looking for someone that will "work on a trailer"
Robert

Hi,

Replacement is same process at other home furnaces.

Turn t-stat and gas valve off. Remove t-couple from gas valve and follow it to pilot burner connection and remove from there.

Carefully looking things over should show if anything needs to be removed to get to pilot burner.

IF unsure, should be able to get an hvac tech to do it .

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?