Heater,E2EB-015HA not working properly

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

graywolf

Hello, I have a nordyne model: E2EB-015HA heat and air.the blower motor went out and I replaced it. Now the air works fine,But when I turn on the heater the heating elements come on for a few moments then go back off but the blower never comes on. The blower works fine when the air is on. could it be that the sequencer went out around the same time or could it be something else? Thank you very much for any help. My wife and I don't have the money to pay some one else to fix it. So I am going to do the best I can. Thanks Graywolf
Robert

Hi Graywolf,

Sequencer # 01-0840 can be seen and ordered through PayPal from left side of this page:

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/NordyneElec.html

That is most common for what you described.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
graywolf

Thank you Robert, I'm humbly grateful.
Graywolf
Robert

Hi Graywolf,

You're very welcome, happy to help. IF by chance it is something else and this does not take care of it , holler back at me and I'll see what I can do to help further.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
graywolf

I finally had a chance to work on the heater problem, but that didnt help, its doing the same thing. I was wondering if it could possibly have something to do with me changing the motor out, the plug from my old blower had one more wire than the new motor. The plug being red,yellow,blue,black, and orange. The motor being red,blue,black, and yellow. the guy at the shop i got it from told me to connect the orange from the plug to the yellow on the fan, and he cut off the yellow wire on my plug. I hope I'm making sense with all this. But i figure if any wire should have been cut out it should have been the orange wire? anyway what do you think?
Thanks Graywolf
Update; I just went in after e-mailing you and traced the wires
on the bottom side of the plug and the red wire was not plugged to anything and it was just long enough to unplug the yellow wire and plug in the red , We have heat now. Thank you for everything, Some times you can help and not have to do anything, lol. Thanks again, Graywolf
Robert

Hi Graywolf,

Ok, what he did was wrong and not sure what you have done is totally correct.

Answer these questions and I'll know and if not, will be easily corrected.

Can you give me the p/n of the motor you bought ?

Can you also look at wiring instructions and/or wiring diagram on the side of the motor and tell me what speed each wire color is from the motor itself ?

It's working, but want to ensure it is working correctly to avoid future problems down the road.

Thanks,
Robert
graywolf

Hello Robert,
What is the P/N ? and the diagram on the motor doesn't show the speed of each wire that i can tell. It shows the white or yellow wire going straight out to a line,Then under that the black, blue and red go to a box then one wire going to the line . The motor is a Marrs #10586 1/3 hp, 208/230 vac 3 speed 1075rpm A2.7 cap.5.0/370v hz60 PH1 if that helps, if not let me know. Thank You Very Much Graywolf

The wires on my old motor are, orange going straight out to a line, then black(hi),blue(med.hi),yellow(med.lo) ,red(lo) going into a box then one wire going to the line. looking on the under side of that plug that i referrenced earlier the red and blue wires were not connected to anything, now the yellow wire is unplugged(the one that was cut on the other side of the plug) and I plugged in the red, where the yellow was plugged. Still I hope I'm making some kind of sense out of this. Thanks again, Graywolf
Robert

Hi,

Look closely at black, blue and red wires on new motor diagram. It ~should~ show beside each what speed they are .

You need to either look there, on the instruction sheet that should have come with motor or contact who you bought it from.

Need to know what each of those three wires are as in speeds ?

Your furnace blower must run at designed speeds, especially in heat mode.

Thanks,
Robert
graywolf

hello Robert,
It didn't say anything about the speed on the new motor, It did have it on the old one. I will have to contact the people I bought it from, But I dont get off work until 5:00pm and they are already closed by then. There also wasn't any paperwork with the new motor. so I will get back to you as soon as I can. Thank You Graywolf
Robert

Can you take a pic of the sticker on motor and send to my email:

[email protected]

Thanks,
Robert
graywolf

Hello Robert,
I called the store I got the motor from and they told me the speeds and that I should have the red wire hooked up the way it is. I do appreciate all you have done for me, It's helped alot. Thank You, Graywolf

P.s. The speeds were, Black- hi, Blue- Med., Red- low. On my old one it was hooked to the Med., Low wire
Robert

Hi Graywolf,

You're very welcome, happy to help. The med. low is the designated heat speed suggested by the manufacturer.

It is a little faster than the low speed. They ~should~ have sold you a motor with matching speeds.

Thanks,
Robert