Re: Intertherm MGHA - older model

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Buzzsaw22

Mark or Robert or interested bloggers,
I have a 1991 model MGHA 075ABFC-01Nordyne Intertherm furnace. A/C worked great all summer ; no problems. Last week, I went to turn on the heat for 1st time of the season. Pilot was lit - Turned off A/C at circuit breaker and flipped on heat at breaker panel. So far, so good!Kicked up tstat to 85 degrees and switched on auto. I heard the unit click, the burner lit and then unit hummed for 5 seconds and QUIT???? No breaker was thrown - however I now have no manual fan(blower) at all at tstat and no sign of power to tstat or burner unit on auto. A/C now also is unresponsive. Any suggestions are most welcome - I really do not want to "bait and Switch" parts: so I decided to try your post first. Unfortunately our resident "repairman" is not very trustworthy, so I turn to you for a starting point.
Thank you, Kevin
Robert

Hi Kevin,

I replied to your email.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?