Furnace filter options for Intertherm 96-8640-0P

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

slccsandy

I have an electric furnace Intertherm model # M1102050410 and would like to find a better filter option than the hogs hair filter. Can you help?
Robert

Hi,

Can you recheck the model number on the data sticker or nameplate on the furnace ? The number given is not recognizable.

Also, need to stay with filter that the manufacturer recommends for proper airflow and safety.

The hog's hair filter is most often recommended and is a great filter.

Otherwise, will need an hvac tech to test airflow on any other non OEM filter for proper airflow to furnace.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
slccsandy

OK. It is an Intertherm. How about model ID: E3EB-010H. My reason for wanting to look at other filter options is to try to cut down on the dust in my home. Am I looking at this from the wrong angle? Should I be looking for filters to put on each floor grate? I was hoping that an electrostatic furnace would work better than the hogs hair but didn't know if an electrostatic option existed in the size I would need. I would welcome any suggestions you have. Thanks!
Robert

Hi,

There are several options that can help. BUT you will need an hvac tech who can test the airflow to ensure you don't resolve one issue and create a safety issue in doing so.

First and foremost is the filter must allow proper airflow and then go with one that does that while giving the best protection against dust.

Then, you will have to keep it cleaned often to ensure the airflow remains.

I would only place a filter at the furnace return air door panel, too easy to forget and overlook cleaning if they are too many filters, plus it cuts down on the proper airflow needed.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?