Recieved bad sequencers with order

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

tspraker

Nordyne packaged AC. Model # is P3RA-048K (as best I can read from a faded label).
It's a 1999-ish, 3ton, sgl phase, with 5k and 10k add-on heat elements.

Back on Jun 18, 2009 I sent an email requesting info on sequencers for my AC unit.
I recieved a prompt and very helpful reply from Mark.

On Jul 3, I ordered 2 sequencers a 621383 and a 01-0840 (a replacement for a 621380).
I recieved them within a week and was quite happy with the response.

I wasn't able to do anything with them until Sep when I went to install them.
Before doing so, I wanted to better understand their operation so, per information from Mark's previous reply, I applied 24v (from the AC unit) to each of them. I checked the "sequence" and timing of the contacts with an ohm meter and to my surprise, neither one worked as I was told nor even as they should for correct operation.

On Sep 12, I sent an email to Mark explaining what I found and asked for help on what to do next. I recieved no reply then or since.

Well, just in case my Sep 12 email somehow got lost, I'll try one more time.
My question is this: Can you help me out or should I just accept that I wasted my money by ordering from you.
I can forward my Sep 12 email again, if you want, because it explains everything.
I would like to think that either you or the manufacturers would care if the products they make and sell work correctly.

Any reply would be appreciated.
T. Spraker
Robert

Hi,

Please call Mark toll free at 1-877-263-7860 . Phones stay busy so keep trying until you get through.

Mon thru Fri from 9AM to 4PM CST . Sorry for delay, I'm sure your got lost, maybe in the shuffle as Mark switched to a new forum and some stuff got lost in the computer change over.

Did you apply 24vac to the bottom terminals, power coming to one side and neutral from other side back to transformer ?

Within a minute or so, should have had continuity on ohm meter across the top and middle terminals.

Please forward the email detailing what was done to me :

[email protected]

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?