Nordyne Intertherm MGH-065ABWL-07

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

komiller118

I fired my system off a few weeks ago and unit has been working fine. In this crazy eastern NC weather we have had to switch back and forth between heat and A/C. I used the heat unit yesterday and it worked fine. I turned up the stat this morning and the unit did not fire off. I turned the stat back and the stat arched. I did it again and same thing. I checked the pilot and it was burning pretty as you please. It has the simple two wire stat so I took the wires off and put them together. Unit would not lite. When I pulled the wires apart I got the same spark. I checked to make sure the heat/ac switch and fan switch were in correct positions. They were. With the thermostat disconnected a funny thing happened when I turned the Heat/ac switch to AC. The AC came on. I checked the gas valve and with the stat wires together and switch on heat, I am not getting voltage to the valve. Is my heat/ac switch or thermostat relay bad?
Robert

Hi,

Could be either, would have to test circuit with meter to know for sure.

The t-stat reversing relay controls a/c and when switched to a/c at switch, a/c WILL come on IF t-stat wires are disconnected OR t-stat is open and not calling for heat.

Two wire systems are hard to understand.

You can call toll free tomorrow if you wish to order at toll free 1-877-263-7860.

I'm originally from SC and now in TN, we get the same weather.

However, not only do I deal with it as a homeowner, at work also.

LOL, one day I'm repairing a furnace and next day it's an a/c unit. :wink:

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?