Furnace Filters

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Greg S

I need some general information regarding furnace filter options. I have a Intertherm oil furnace with no filters presently in it. I assume they install in the door panel. The door panel is approximately 193/4" X 55".
I have no dealer in the area so will be buying my filters from Home Depot.
First I do not know what a "hogs hair " filter is that is being discussed and second the filters at the store come in standard sizes none of which fit exactly. Do I buy basic furnace filters and cut them to fit or do I buy the really inexpensive large pieces of what appear to be woven fiberglass type mats and some how wire them into place. There are plenty of options so I am confident one will work just need some guidance in the right direction.
An individual must enforce his own meaning in life and rise above the perceived conformity of the masses. (Anton LaVey)
Robert

Hi Greg,

What is the furnace model number ? Hog's hair is what those are made of and are fibered filters that you cut to fit.

However, need to go with filter recommended by manufacturer or have an hvac tech come out and test airflow to get one that is compatible.

Filters are designed to allow correct amount of airflow and therfore must be correct in order to do that.

Unsafe to do otherwise.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Greg S

The model # is M1SB 086A AW.
I don't see any ratings or recommendations for use on any of the filters at HD so I figure unless I buy from the manufacturer I will probably stick with a less efficient filter to insure there is adequate air flow. Somewhat of a trade off. Less restriction is better than more in this case so I will make sure there is plenty of air flow.
An individual must enforce his own meaning in life and rise above the perceived conformity of the masses. (Anton LaVey)
Robert

Hi Greg,

The OEM filter is Large Hog's Hair # 669064 and Filter Clip # 669065 .

Both can be seen and ordered through PayPal from this page:

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/NordyneFilters.html

Shipping is $15.

You can get and install an Electronic Filter for them, but that gets pricey for sure.

Hog's Hair needs cleaned every 30 days with hot water and liquid dish soap, rinsed well and air dried.

They last up to a year.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Greg S

Thanks for the info> I will look into ordering.
Robert

You're very welcome, happy to help.

Thanks,
Robert