skirting damages

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

squirt13

Has anyone tried a product called Skirt-Guard to hide and protect the bottom of skirting from damage caused by weed eaters? I have seen it advertised but don't know anybody how has used it. If nothing else does anyone have any ideas on how to protect and hide damage?
Greg

I have never heard of it, I'm not sure how well it would match up to the shirting. I went with metal skirting both for the weed (& skirting) eater plus the problem we have with snow pushing it. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
BeachBoy

Hit the home button above. Look at the bottom left and you will see the tape that repairs weedeater holes.
JD
Site Admin

As best I know, Skirt-Gard is still only available in white. I have only installed it once and that customer had white skirting, so it worked out well. I think it is pretty cool stuff. Covered up a bunch of chips and damage. They say that the weedeater won't chip it because it is smooth and does not have the ridges to slap. I think it would do a good job of that, but have not seen that for myself. The color match might have been good on new vinyl skirting, but was noticeable on my installation. Maybe cleaning the skirting would take care of that.

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
Maureen

I used the stick it and forget it tape where my hubby used the weed eater quite a few years back. I think it's been about 5 years now.

The tape also comes in white, so it won't match everything! Luckily, I caught Warren with the weedeater on the back of the home. We have the almond, or cream colored skirting, so it doesn't match perfectly.

It's a good patch until I get metal skirting up though! I have the same problem as Greg. Snow pushes it in. Also, we have very extreme temps here. Way below freezing in the Winter to triple digits in the Summer. That really cuts the life of vinyl in half.

It's a decent fix if your holes aren't really visible!

Maureen 8)
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow.
'Plato'