Nordyne electric furnace model# E2EB-020HB trouble

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

charles

Hope you can help me i have a Nordyne electric furnace
model# E2EB-020HB sometimes when the heat kicks on it make a loud electric humming sound i can turn the furnace off and back on at the T-stat then it runs quite. And sometimes the furnace will kick on and run for a few seconds then it kicks off and on again by it's self i replaced the transformer thinking that was what is was any ideals it's getting cold outside thanks. :?:
Robert

Hi,

Go to this page:

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/NordyneElec.html

Contactor # 621958 @ $17.00 each . Your furnace has two of these in the circuits to the heating elements

Relay N.O. #621898 (Cooling) @ $7.44

Relay N.C. # 621899 (Heating) @ $8.25

These two relays are in the circuits to the blower motor for heating and cooling modes.

All of these play into the circuits you mentioned and any one or more could cause the hum or be a part of this.

It would take understanding the wiring diagram and testing the circuits in action to know what is happening.

Any or all can be ordered from above page by adding to cart and ordering through PayPal or by calling toll free to 1-877-263-7860 after 9AM CST and charging to Visa or Mastercard.

If outside the U.S., let us know for added info.

From what you stated, I would suspect one or both Contactors for noise and 621899 relay for on/off/on/off of blower motor.

With that said, without total testing, I would replace all 4 as each can/will fail at some time due to contacts pitting from arcing when opening and closing often with calls for heat and cool.

Thanks.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?