Nordyne M1Mb 056A BW

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

JMH3

Hello People,
I just tried to light my heater but am not having much luck. I turned it all on as per the instructions but all I am getting is a buzzing noise and the red LED is flashing 2 flashes.
Should I just try to cycle it a few times or is there maybe a
problem?
It's a Nordyne M1Mb 056A BW heater with the Robert Shaw control valve and is hooked up with an Intertherm system with A/C and all.

Thanks for your help! John
Robert

Hi,

That indicates the Pressure Switch has failed to close.

Does the small booster motor start up and run at call for heat ?

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
JMH3

Thanks for the reply!
I am not sure what you mean by small booster motor, but there is a buzzing? noise from the black plastic area on the bottom of the tube on the right-hand side.
Sorry but this is my first time having to mess with this heater and my propane company repair guy is booked up for like 2 weeks and this is our only heat source. Supposed to get down to 28 tonight and wouldn't you know it picks right now to break, lol!
JMH3

OK! I went and tapped a bit on the tube and heard a fan start spinning if that helps? And then the red LED went solid, it fired up and a yellow LED is on and it's working!!!
Is there maybe dust in that motor? It hasn't been on in months and we get a lot of dust here in the desert.
Robert

Hi,

That's a good possibility or this:

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/TechTip2.html

Hope it keeps running.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
JMH3

:D
Thanks for the help Robert, I appreciate it! So far it's been working fine, I need to clean it out and it should be good.
We have a real dust problem down here, it clogs up everything.
Robert

Hi,

You're very welcome.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert