nordyne model e1eh-015ha blower problem

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

redfoxdeer

I'm new to this but the problem is the heating elements are heating up but the blower not coming on.The ac part work fine the blower comes on but when you turn the heat on you can see the elements turn red but the blower does not come on .
Robert

Hi,

Most likely a bad sequencer.

Sequencer # 621679 @ $35.00 + $6.75 shipping .

It can be seen and ordered from this page:

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/NordyneElec.html

Right side, click on pic for enlarged view.

If interested, add to cart and order through Paypal or call toll free to 1-877-263-7860 after 9AM CST and charge to visa or mastercard.

If outside the U.S., let us know for added info.

The sequencer controls blower motor in heating mode.

Thanks.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
redfoxdeer

OK replaced the Sequencer # 621679 and its still doing the same thing i was wondering if it could be one of the Limit Switch's.
Robert

Hi,

No, they are not in the circuit.

Will need to check/test with meter to see if motor is getting power (240VAC).

Turn power OFF first, then reach in and see if you can spin the blower wheel and it turn several times freely before stopping.

Also, see if motor is hot at time it does not start.

There is a blower relay that is for a/c blower control, but has a set of normally closed contacts for heating.

Should be ok, but with call for heat, test across 5 and 6 for 240VAC, should read 0vac.

If so, test 5 to ground for 240vac and then 6 to ground for 240vac.

Let me know what you get if able to test.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
gcreech

Had the exact same problem and replaced the sequencer which did not help. Installed a new tstat and it seems to be fixed. Heating good kicking on and off like it should. The only problem I seem to have now is the limit switch kicking in out every 15 to 20 sec??? I increased the fan speed to MH by switching the blue and yellow wires but the limit switch still seems to kick out to often and you can see a small arc in the limit switch when it kicks in/out. Any suggestions???
Robert

Please repost in a new thread and then delete this post.

We keep one problem per thread to keep down confusion.

Changing the speeds can alter the specs and damage the furnace.

Thanks,
Robert