Nordyne - no yellow light. Not finding a flame.

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

rn5819

Please help! It's cold in here. I have a Nordyne gas furnace - M1MB077A bw. It stopped yesterday morning. When I looked at my red light it was blinking 2 times - pressure switch is open -. I found that one of the hose connectors had broken. I got one, some glue (it wasn't the exact size - Home Depot helped me) and let it set overnight. This morning I attached everything but I still got the 2 red blinking lights. THEN I saw that the yellow light wasn't coming on at all. - Uh, no flame. I need to fix this myself asap, if possible. Even though I live in AZ, it's at the 7000 altitude mark. And it's currently 56 in here. Actually, we can make it but I'd rather not. Thanks. RN [/code]
Robert

You need the correct size and type hose first. Then see if booster motor is running smooth and be sure air pipe to booster assembly is clear of blockages.

If all that is ok, probably a faulty pressure switch.

Pressure Switch # 632453 @ $27.42 + $6.75 shipping.

You can see and order through PayPal from right side here:

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/NordyneGas.html

OR, by calling toll free to 1-877-263-7860 and charging to

Visa or Mastercard.

Let us know if you're in Canada. If you need hose also, call in order and ask for that also.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
rn5819

Booster Motor? And, I just called a tech - $75.00 for the visit and then parts. At least I know how much the parts are. But I'd rather spend less.
Robert

The hoses connect between the pressure switch and the booster motor.

Booster motor could be bad, airpipe to motor clogged, damaged hoses or bad pressure switch.

All could be checked and replaced DIY if handy.

The most common is the pressure switch.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?