Runs Fine No Heat

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Rkey2000

I have a Nordyne M1MD 070A BW. When I started it up this winter
everything seems to work fine, I have induction, ignition, flame, blower but the air temp coming out of the registers is only 78 degrees. The filter is clean, the flame looks O.K., and the gas pressure has been checked and is O.K. Everything is the same as last year except that I am not getting the heat out of the unit. This is driving me nuts. Any ideas what to check or what it could be.
Robert

Hi,

Check the main burner orifice for clogs (spider/web). If it is ok, make sure there is not damage to duct allowing loos of heat or infiltration of cool air.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Rkey2000

Thanks for the quick reply, I'll check it out today.
Rkey2000

I pulled the main burner assembly to clean the orifice. When I removed the orifice and looked down the spud I saw a what looks like a clear plastic membrane with a hole in the middle of it. I could not find this on the parts list for the furnace or the service manual. I did not remove it but was wondering if this is suppose to be there and if so what is the name of it? Also what temperature air should be coming out of the registers when this furnace is running right?
Robert

It was inside where ? Look on data sticker for Temp Rise and measure that to see if temp is correct at registers.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?