Nordyne fan turns off & on constantly

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

brokenspoke

Hello, I have a Nordyne MGBB-070ABFC-06 and just last night I woke up to hear the fan kicking on & off constantly. When the burner comes on & gets hot the fan kicks on for about 5 seconds then turns off then after about 10 seconds it does it again. The burner is staying lit the whole time & I can switch the fan from auto to on at the thermostat & it heats just fine. After turning the furnace off at the thermostat the fan continued to do this for about 10 minutes then finally quit. I looked in the furnace & from what I can tell by the wiring diagram there is a limit switch & a fan switch for the blower. Neither one are adjustable. Is there a way I can test these? What else might it be? And of course last night was the coldest night we've had this year & my furnace acts up. Go figure.
Robert

Locate each one, 3 limits and one fan switch total.

When it starts acting up, all four should read 0vac across the two terminals whenever you have a call for heat and burner is lit.

At time it shuts off, test and see if any show 120vac, if so, they are bad.

They should remain closed.

Closed = 0vac

Open = 120vac

Most common is the Fan Switch.

We have any parts needed, let me know if you'd like ordering and pricing info.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?