Nordyne intermittent problem!

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

harry lime

Here's my maddening problem, with a Nordyne M1M
model furnace in my UBC home...
About this time last year, the glow igniter burned out. Ok, no biggie, get new one, replace, all will be well.
The furnace had worked unerringly up to this point.
When I replaced the igniter, it began this weird periodicity; it's work when it wanted. I replaced the gas valve figuring it sticky or dirty.
So, I went about doing some further troubleshooting, that the 4-time-flashing light didn't tell me much about. Voltage readings indicated the pressure switch was shot, or at least intermittent, so I replaced that.
It would then ignite, but after a cycle, it would not relight (the thermostat is indeed sending a call, in all these cases).
I then figured, well, what the hell, I'll replace the circuit board. that *sorta* made it work better, till it's now working like this:
It'll work DAYS at a time, flawlessly, then, it'll go back to a 4-flash light on the board.
I can *wiggle* wires, reset the switch, and it'll work for one whole cycle, or maybe for 2 days. It will even reset and work w/o the wire wiggle. I can find no loose spade terminals, no bad wire ends, and I'm at the end of my rope!
FYI: I left a question on your live chat function, about a month ago, and "Mark" *never* replied; I have yet to replace the temp switch or the transformer.
ARRRRRGH!
Any tips?
Robert

Bad ground, roof-jack seperation within, clogged orifice, gas pressure problem, wiring short.

With all the components replaced, it would be best to call a Tech to diagnose and resolve.

This is our busiest time of year and the live chat is rarely monitored.

The forums here and ability to email is monitored daily to cover for that.

Did you make sure the ignitor is positioned correctly and that you did not touch it with bare hands/fingers ?

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?