Robertshaw - Grayson gas valve 624583 questions

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

yannecantik

Hello,

I have questions regarding Robertshaw - Grayson 6245830 gas valve installed on MGHA 056ABFC.
Does it not have a pilot light adjustment button?
A tech who helped me light the pilot light mentioned that it doesn't .
There is a 'pilot adj' mark, but there's no button under or above it.

If this is true, I'd like to replace the current gas valve with a model that has pilot adjustment button/feature.
Is this possible?
What's the model number to buy?
Is it possible to replace it with electric ignition gas valve?

Thank you,
Yanne
Robert

Hi Yanne,

The Pilot Adj. is usually a screw, not a button. That is the designated gas valve for your furnace and should not be replaced with one not designed for the furnace.

No, you cannot replace with a gas valve for electronic ignition.

The Tech should have been able to get pilot where it needed to be and there should be no reason to change it after that.

Thanks for inquiring,
Robert
Last edited by Robert on Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
yannecantik

Hello Robert,
Thank you for your reply.
I wasn't sure about the form of pilot adj. The manual does show a screw type/form. Since my gas valve is not equipped with such thing, I didn't know for sure what's suppose to be on there.

So, do you know of a gas valve model for my furnace that actually has a pilot adj screw on it?

Thanks,
Yanne
Robert

Hi Yanne,

When I get back to my home office tomorrow, I'll look up your unit gas valve and see if available and whether there is a pilot adj. .

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?