damper for furnace

Post all other heating and cooling questions here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

redsox85

I have a Miller oil furnace. It does not have a damper in the coil cavity. Any idea where I could get one. It's model # M1SC O86 A BW. I can't find one anywhere. We have central air, so it's important that I find this. In the summer , I've been blocking the bottom with cardboard wrapped in plastic to protect the furnace from the cold air. Any idea where I can find this damper? Thanks
Robert

Hi,

Do you have a split system a/c or self-contained a/c (all in one outside unit) ?

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
redsox85

It's just the furnace, we didn't add the A/C feature. It's just a stand alone, mobile home furnace.
Robert

Hi,

The damper is only needed if you have a self-contained a/c system outside and use a seperate blower for it, rather than the blower in the furnace.

If all you have is a Furnace, the damper is not needed.

Your duct system should be sealed so there shouldn't be any cold air coming in.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
redsox85

We also have a package unit central air conditioner that uses the same vent system as the furnace. That's why we need the damper. I'm sorry I didn't explain it better. The central air is independent of the furnace, but uses the same ductwork. There is nothing to stop the air from going up into the furnace as the air goes through the ductwork.
Robert

Hi,

Ok, that was why I asked if you had a split system a/c or a self-contained a/c (all in one unit outside).

The self contained is a Package Unit, just a different name.

I was trying to make sure you had that because the damper wasn't needed otherwise.

Now that we're on same page, LOL, let me check on that for you.

Thanks,
Robert
www.mobilehomerepair.com
Robert

You do have the coil cavity box under the furnace, is this correct ?

Thanks,
Robert
redsox85

There is a coil cavity.
Robert

Hi,

That damper is no longer available beyond what is out there. No replacements are available either.

Our distributor checked and has one left.

It is Close Off Damper # 901083 @ $189.00 + $10.00 shipping .

If interested, let me know and I'll post ordering info.

Thanks,
Robert
redsox85

Is there any chance that I can still get this part? If so please post order info. Thanks
Robert

Hi,

I will check Monday and see if it is by chance still there.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert