Nordyne blowing out, Model MMHA.....

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Terry

Hi all
I have a Nordyne Intertherm Model MMHA 056AAHR-05 propane furnace in my mobile. I works great EXCEPT in high winds. I live on a very exposed site on a acerage. When the wind hits 40 to 50 mph my furnace blows out. It then keeps trying to start, running for about a minute and then blows out again. I've watched this through the burner observation hole. The flame is very blue and moving around and then just blows out. Not good when it's 25 below and a howling wind, good thing I have a wood stove!
I've installed the updated chimney cap but that didn't solve the problem.
My idea is to either extend the double chimney another 30 inches (it's 30 inches now) to make it 60 inches above the roof or try one of those swiveling chimney caps to fix this problem
What do ya think, will either of these work.
On a side note exactly where is that flashing fault light located?
Thanks
Robert

Hi,

That is one of those type problems that can be trial and error.

IF you are sure it is blowing out from downdarft through roof-jack, those are about the only options though.

The Fault Indicator Light is on the Control Module.

Thanks for inquiring,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Terry

Thanks for that Robert.
Another question, how do I reset this furnace if a lock-out occurs? My manual just says to contact a reair man.
Robert

You're very welcome. After 30 seconds, move t-stat temp lever below room temp, then back to normal setting.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?