Heat pump not kickin in(heating problem)

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Van

Hi, E2Eh-015HA heat unit, and DRHQ0421CD outside.
The thermostat unit red light flashes twice and the fan blows almost constantly, but the outside unit will not kick in. I cleaned everything,replaced the filter and reset all breakers. when I restart the fan comes on and in a few minutes the outside compressor kicks in as normal. when it gets to temp and shuts off, the red light comes back on and the same thing happens again. emergency heat works fine.
Thanks in advance!
Robert

First thing to check is the contactor in outdoor heat pump condenser unit to see if it is energizing, pulling in and holding to allow power to unit.

When they start going bad, they will work intermittantly.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Van

OK, Just went ahead and replaced the contactor. unit powered up,ran to temp. When it kicked in again the outside unit powered up and ran for a minute or two. It then kicked off but the red light is now blinking twice and the fan is running constantly as before.
Just a side note....the paper that came with the unit says the red light code means clean the filter, but that doesnt make sense, I have had this thing apart and cleaned everything??

stumped :(
Robert

May not be filter, but still be an airflow problem and fall under the filter criterior.

Due to special circumstances involved with heat pumps, I would call a hvac tech out to look at it.

Thanks for inquiring,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?