INTERTHERM E2EB-O17HA NO POWER TO THERMOSTAT

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

curmudgeon

Hope someone can help. I have an 8 year old home with an Intertherm E2EB-017HA unit that is not working. The original thermostat was replaced with a CTC 7 day auto changeover thermostat by an electrician four years ago. The unit has given me no trouble until this winter. I have been in touch with CTC who had me check my thermostat to see if it was receiving power. It is not. In checking the posts here and in other places I think I may have a bad transformer. The only problem is I don't know how to get to it. Can anybody give me some suggestions? I will appreciate any help at all.
Robert

Hi,

Turn power to furnace OFF at main home service panel and at breakers at lower furnace section.

Turn t-stat to OFF.

Remove lower control (upright rectangular) and the control panel cover to the left of that box.

Transformer will be on back wall.

240VAC at Primary/Line side and 24VAC at Secondary/Load side.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
curmudgeon

Sorry so long in replying. Been sick with the flu for a couple of weeks. Have tested transformer and get no reading on 24VAC at Secondary/Load side. Have ordered new transformer from your web site. Does it come with directions for installing?
Robert

Did you have 240VAC input on the primary-line side ?

You just mark wher wires go, disconnect, remove mounting screws and reverse with new one.

Be sure you under stand the primary-line and secondary-load sides.

Also, on secondary-load side, one side is power and other side is common.

When ordering, need to get same or higher VA(volt-amp) rating also.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?