E2EB-O15HA FROM BAD TO WORSE

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

rcool

Hello, I recently asked about a problem with the blower on my electric furnace/3 1/2 ton heat pump unit. Blower was not kicking on, or maybe I should say needed a little help getting started. Anyway, I changed the sequencer and still the same. On top of that now when I try to turn on the heat pump it just flashes on the thermostat and does nothing. The e-heat was still working with the exception of the blower issue. I was told it could be the relay, capacitor, or motor itself so I started by changing the relay and now the fan does not even try to come on. I put the old relay back on and still the same. I dont think I got any wires crossed but its possible since the fan is'nt even attempting to come on??????? And I have no idea why all the sudden the heat pump will not kick on. Suggestions??? Thanks. Rick
raydizzle34

Do u have a meter to check the voltage at the relay?

If you have voltage coming into the relay, but not out of the relay, your relay could be bad. If the voltage is coming out of the relay, you might want to check the capacitor's micro farad out put. If the capacitor is putting out what it's rated to put out, your motor is probably bad. Robert can probably give you a part # and all that stuff.

-Ray
rcool

I was going to get a meter, I just was'nt sure exactly what to check. I'll check that though. Thanks
rcool

Ok. I'm getting a reading from the 1 and 3 posts on the relay. Like 26 v. But I'm getting nothing from 2,4,5,6, posts. I'm wanting to think I screwed up a wire or something because I never had this problem till I changed the relay, not to mention I swithed them back and still the same. From what I've read 2 or three of the wires are for fan speed, others go to the sequencer. Any Ideas on what post numbers on relay go where so I could check mine??? Thanks Rick
Robert

Hi Rick,

1 and 3 are the 24vac coil terminals, one gets wire from secondary-common side of transformer and the other comes from t-stat green-G wire.

5 and 6 are heat speed from sequencer. One gets wire from sequencer and other goes to motor heat speed.

2 and 4 are the cooling and fan continous speed. One gets wire from primary-line side hot of transformer and other goes to motor cooling speed.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
rcool

Well my wiring was good on the relay and sequencer, turns out I got a couple wires crossed on a sensor or something that sends power back to the fan I believe is how the fellow explained it. Had to resort to calling in some help. Don't know that my main problem is fixed though about the fan not coming on like it should. One of the pieces I changed may have taken care of it. Have to wait and see now that the wiring situation is resolved. Whats that saying? "You can't fail if you don't try" I may have failed but I know more now than I did. lol Thanks for the help Robert and Ray. May be ordering a capacitor next! Rick
Robert

Hi Rick,

You're very welcome, happy to help. If the blower fails to start, spin the wheel and if it starts up and runs fine, replace the run cap.

Give me the uf/mfd rating and volts from run cap and I'll send you ordering info if needed.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?