Nordyne E2EB-015HB Blowing Cold Air

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

tjpitts10

I looked in the previous posts as long as the system would allow me to but could not find the answer to my problem. It's in the 20's outside, we haven't had heat all day, and there's a baby in the house so I'm asking my question here. Hope that's okay?

We have a Nordyne E2EB-015EB that has been acting up for several days. This started with the furnace seeming to work fine but we discovered one morning that the heating elements were on even though the fan was not on at the same time. The cover of the furnace was very warm. As a precaution we started turning the furnace off at the main breaker box and only turned it on periodically and let the furnace run when we needed to warm the house a little. That seemed to be okay for 2 days. Today the furnace is blowing only cold air. Also, about a month ago when the furnace was running there was an odd smell coming through the vents. We figured the filter needed to be changed so we did that. After several days the smell went away. I didn't think at the time that there was more to it than that. Now, I'm thinking the smell coming through the vents might be related to the current problem?

Again, I apologize to be asking what seems to me to be an easy question, but as I said before I couldn't find the answer in any previous postings.

Hope you can help. Thank You in advance.

Teresa
Robert

Hi Teresa,

This is fine, no apoligies necessary. Go here first to see how to

remove the blower motor:

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/article ... lower.html

Then stick your head inside and look down on elements with a bright

light and power OFF. See if any of the elements have broken or fallen

down and touching each other of the furnace frame around them.

IF all is ok, most likely just a bad contactor.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
tjpitts10

Thank you very much. We will try that tomorrow as it's to late to do tonight.
Robert

Hi,

Contactor # 621958 can be seen and ordered through PayPal

from top right of this page if needed :

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/NordyneElec.html

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?