E2EH-015HA elements not coming on

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

ward457

The furnace model i have is a e2eh-015ha, i am going to describe the problem, we woke up and the house was cold, so i pulled the blower off and only the bottom element of the three was heating up, all the elements look to be in good shape, so i tapped around on the switches with the thermostat on to see if one of the switches was just hung up so we could get heat in the house, and what happened was that the top two elements began to heat at the same time (not sure if they are supposed to come on together or not) and the bottom one was not coming on at all, i put the blower on and ran the furnace so we could warm the house, and after a couple of cycles none of the elements are coming on at all, there is 240v across all three elements whether the thermostat is set to heat or turned off, and 24v to the sequencer from the black/white wire from the transformer, the blower will still come on with the thermostat but that is all, here are numbers off all the parts, i am not sure which numbers are the part numbers on the sequencer or the limit switches: transformer 621592, sequencer 621679, 309818, 15S22, A0439, limit switch for top two elements L9847, limit switch for the bottom element L190-50F 626459A,
Robert

Hi,

IF you have 240vac across all three elements, the elements would be energized.

Correct sequencer is # 01-0843, found here on left side of page :

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/NordyneElec.html

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?