main bedroom stays about 9 degrees hotter than rest of house

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

AndyH24

Hi all. I have a 97 Clayton single wide. It has a miller/nordyne/intertherm electric furnace. It has a programmable thermostat. The problem is at night when it gets cold out, I keep the thermo set on 69 heat. It stays around 69 in the whole house except for the main bedroom which stays at 78 to 79. I know this because i have digital thermometers in bedroom and living room. I can't stand it being that hot in the bedroom. My 2 year old son sleeps in the other bedroom so i can't lower the thermo anymore or it would be too cold for him. I have tried leaving the main bedroom door open, turning a fan on in the bedroom, or shut the vents in the bedroom. Nothing really helps. Leaving the door open does lower temp by about 2 degrees though. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!
Robert

Hi,

How close is furnace to main bedroom ? Not a lot that can be done due to way the homes and units are designed and layed out.

Do you have a ceiling fan ?

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
AndyH24

the furnace is right outside the main bedroom door. No, i don't have a ceiling fan.
Robert

Keep door open, use fan and install ceiling fan.

Also, have an hvac tech come out and check temp rise on furnace to see if it is over firing.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
flcruising

I've installed air vent filters in the bedrooms since they stay much warmer (or cooler) like you decribed. They quiet the airflow which helps everyone sleep if it turns on at night, and add some restriction to reduce the flow to the bedrooms. This is helping balance out the airflow similar to closing off vents. What I did in the living/kitchen/dining area of the house though is install oneway non-stamped ceiling registers that flow MUCH better than the old stamped noisy vent covers. Now each room of the house is much more comfortable.
[color=blue]Aaron[/color]
Robert

Aaron,

What works in one won't necessarily work in others and what you can accomplish may not be true of other homeowners.

Thanks,
Robert
Robert

Jay,

Email me at [email protected] if you want to know what you don't know obviously.

Thanks,
Robert