Filter for Intertherm Electric A/C & Furnace

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

armytech7

I recently purchased a 2001 Fleet wood Mobile Home. Upon checking it out I noticed the furnace just had the filters laying on top of the coils. That didn't seem right to me. It has a Nordyne blower model # E2EB-012HA. Is this right or where can I find some info on the correct installation of the filter. I really don't like running the furnace and a/c without filters. Any assistance would be appreciated.
Robert

Hi,

Are they cardboard type throw aways or metal mesh type ?

The metal should have small lip channell's on the ends of each coil side to slide under to hold them.

The throw aways are sometimes jerry-rigged with home made channell's or just laid there.

I like using hogs hair cut to fit fibered filters in back of louvered door panel.

Small square grids facing coil, just cut to size and press in under all four door side lips.

They can be washed with warm water and liquid dish soap, rinsed well and air dried every 30 days.

Buy two, change out and have 30 days to have dirty one clean again.

This way your a-coil and furnace cavity all is clean and protected.

Clean a-coil, blower motor and wheel and inside cavity once a year also and all is good to go.

If interested, call toll free after 9 AM to 1-877-263-7860 and ask for size needed.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
tritontr

Nordyne does make an accessory sheet metal box that fits over the coil and uses a hogs hair filter. This piece is hard to find and you loose the convenience of easy cleaning of your coil. This is one area that Nordyne needs to come up with an accessory that allows for the use of conventional pleated throw away filters. Roberts idea above of putting the filters in a louvered door is an excellent suggestion.