Nordyne Model # MGHA-070ABFC-01 not turning on

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

jjagus01

Alright, heres my quandry....

Just acquired a newer mobile home with said furnace in place.

The furnace blower will turn on manually if you turn it on at the furnace. The pilot is lit and will produce some heat when the blower is turned on. The thermostat was just replaced with a brand new Honeywell RTH 2310 thermostat. The thermostat clicks on but will not relay to the furnace and turn it on. It did the same thing with the previous thermostat.

Believing it may be the wiring relay between the thermostat and furnace, we ran the thermostat on a new direct line straight from the furnace to the thermostat. It still will not kick on from the thermostat.

Any suggestions or ideas? if you need more info please let me know. I'm a novice with furnaces but i have a Journeyman electrician working with me so we wont fry ourselves. ha-ha.

I plan on taking pictures of the control box inside the furnace and posting them as well if they would help.

Thanks in advance for anyone who can help me.
jjagus01

bump, anyone have any ideas???

any more information needed from me?
Robert

Hi,

Are you ever getting 24vac to gas valve terminals ?

Check and ensure burner and burner orifice are clear with no obstructions such as spider/web maybe.

Be sure roof-jack is straight, secure and clear with no obstructions and/or separations between two pipes, inner vent-exhaust and outer combustion air intake.

Will not be back on until tomorrow evening.

Thanks,
Robert
Last edited by Robert on Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
jjagus01

Thank you for your post robert.

Luckily by moving around and trying a few different ideas the furnace kicked on.

It was a bad thermostat wire, i ran a new one and everything is working a-ok!

Thanks for your help everyone! I will be back for anything else i have questions on!
Robert

Hi,

You're very welcome, happy to help and sorry for delay in replying.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?