Miller CFM80-PO

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Steve S.

Hello Robert,
I've been a member of this forum for quite some time and spend most of the time lurking. I know that oil-fired furnaces are not your forte, but I have a general question on maintenance.
As a DIYer, can I remove the burner to change the nozzle and check on cond. of electrodes and heat exchanger, or is this best left to a HVAC tech?? All I have done in the past is change (oil & air) filters. I also plan to remove blower motor and squirrel-cage and clean...this seems easy enough. Thanks for all your great advice!
Regards, Steven
Robert

Hi Steven,

If you have the needed tools, are fairly handy with them and know procedures to do this, then yes, it can be a DIY task and has been many times before.

Be sure of above though or I usually suggest an hvac oil tech and watch closely for future DIY.

If you're comfortable with it and have done your homework, then you can possibly achieve this if you choose to.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Steve S.

Robert,

Thank you for your response. I must admit I have had oil techs service my furnace in the past but I have never watched them carefully enough to learn anything. But I will next time.
BTW, the CMF80 Miller furnace I have has given me many years of reliable service...I make sure to keep the filters clean and have it serviced every 5 years or so. Only had to replace the main control switch once.
I love this site that Mark has created, I visit here often for ideas and advice. Keep up the great work, much appreciated.

Kindest regards, Steven
Robert

Hi Steven,

You're very welcome, happy to help.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?