Nordyne E2EB-15

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Paul T.

I need to replace the sequencer in my unit but after reading several posts I'm confused as to which one to order. I've seen both 01-0842 and 01-0843 suggested for that model. The numbers on my sequencer are;

T-O-D
H24V
12S22 308850
L9802

H24V
12S20 308495
L9802

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for a great site, it has helped volumes, except for this :lol:
Robert

Hi,

01-0842 was the original used, but 01-0843 is now the p/n recommended by Nordyne.

I used to always go with what was listed by Nordyne, but then had a few people go to order and seen their furnace listed with the 01-0842.

So, to stop confusion went to telling them 01-0842.

EITHER will work fine. 01-0842 is a 3 contact set sequencer which is needed.

01-0843 is a four set, so one is left unused.

These are new p/n's and part designs. The old ones, the 3 set type was being phased out when they stated suggesting the 4 set type.

Now, if this has not confused you, order either and enjoy the heat.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Paul T.

Great, thanks for the help! You guys are life savers.
Robert

You're very welcome, happy to help.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Paul T.

Just wanted to post an update, got my parts in today and installed them without issue. Everything is working as advertised and we have heat again. Thanks again!
Robert

Hi Paul,

That's great and again, you're very welcome, glad we could help.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Paul T.

Didn't know if I needed to start a new topic or not. Yesterday the main 200 amp breaker for the house popped and a burnt smell came from the AC/Heater area. Upon inspection the new sequencer I replaced early in the month has basically exploded and burned several wires completely through. It's been working without issue until this. I'm not sure where to start finding the trouble, was it the sequencer or something else causing it to go out? Where do I start?

Thanks,
Robert

Hi,

I would call a reputable licensed electrician out to ensure the correct fault and diagnosis is found.

With the main breaker kicking, would need to inspect wire cable from service panel to furnace IF main breaker is in the home service panel.

IF it is in outside panel at service pole, need to also inspect wire cable from there to inside home service panel.

IF not found there, then call an hvac tech to inspect furnace.

This "sounds" like an overheated wire cable possibly kicking the breaker and the condition overheated and melted the sequencer.

Will take thorough voltage and amperage tests to find the cause.

Due to high possibility of fire if not diagnosed correctly, I would place this in the hands of above mentioned pros.

Thanks,
Robert