Nordyne model FEH-012HA

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

im4hunting

I was having issues with my furnace not operating properly. The heating element would cycle on and off every 30 seconds or so and wouldn't turn off when the room got to temperature. It got to the point where the only way I could control the furnace was to turn the breaker on and off at the breaker box.

In reading this forum, it appeared the problem was the sequencer. I just installed my new sequencer 621451 and now the furnace will shut off when the room gets to temperature.

However, now the heating element remains on. I've removed the blower and checked the coils. They are still mounted in factory position, with nothing touching them.

Any suggestions?

Mike in Urbana, OH
Robert

Hi Mike,

You would have to test each element to determine which one(s) were staying on first.

Then, trace test the circuit back from the element through sequencer and on to find where the source of power was coming from.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?