Nordyne model # E2EH-015HB

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

MissBehavin

My Nordyne furnace has suddenly developed a loud buzzing noise when on heat. Sometimes it starts up and runs with normal fan sound only but after running for 5 or 10 minutes developes this loud buzzing noise. The home and furnace are not even 4 years old yet. It is kept very clean and has a new filter installed before winter months. Fan runs alone without the buzzing so it must be heat related. I live on an island so we have no techs available in this area. Would it be safe to leave the furnace set at around 65 degrees when not at home? If new parts are required the local electrician will install.
Robert

Hi.

Probably the sequencer or the transformer. Even being just heat related, could still be either.

Get close and maybe you can determine which it is that is buzzing.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
MissBehavin

Thank you very much Robert. It appears it was the transformer making the noise. Sprayed it with a clear lacquer and now all is nice and quiet. Wishing you all a Very Happy New Year.
Robert

Hi,

You're very welcome, happy to help.

Happy New Year to you and yours as well !!

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
MissBehavin

Transformer started humming again so I guess the spraying with lacquer is only a temporary solution. Ordered a new one from you this morn. Hope it gets here quick, Pretty cold in them thar hills.

Still a little warmer than Winnipeg though.
Robert

Let us know when it arrives if it takes care of it.

Thanks,
Robert
MissBehavin

Received the new transformer and had it installed but my furnace still makes the annoying humming/buzzing sound after it has been on heat for a while. Not too happy with Nordyne products
Robert

Hi,

Are you sure it is the transformer making the noise ?

A new one should not be making noise, though they sometimes do.

Other products have same problems as Nordyne.

Need to see what kind of voltage and amps are being applied across the transformer.

Thanks,
Robert
MissBehavin

Hi Robert, Seeing that we have changed the transformer do you think the prob could be the sequencer making the buzzing humming sound? I live on an island and in order to get a pro heating guy over here to check it out would cost a bundle. Maybe cheaper to get my local sparky to change a couple of parts rather than get a guy from the mainland over.
Robert

Hi,

Could be sequencer, a blower relay, etc... . Those are DIY or yes, an electrician should be ok changing them.

Thanks,
Robert
MissBehavin

Just ordered a new sequencer and a new capacitor. Sounds like noise is coming from sequencer after all. Will let you know when I get them.
Robert

Sounds good, I'll be here.

Thanks,
Robert
MissBehavin

Hi Robert,
It turned out to be the contactor causing all the grief. Working perfect and quiet now. Even more so than when the home was new. Canada Customs however screwed me for duty and taxes etc making it an expensive part.
Thank you very much for your help..
Robert

Hi,

You're very welcome, happy to help and glad it is working great again.

Sorry about the duty and taxes situation, that happens often when we ship to Canada and we hate it.

Thanks,
Robert