Buzzing Nordyne Intertherm MGH-075ABWN-06

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Rose

My furnace buzzes sometimes when it's running and I had a guy look at it but he said the part was obsolete and blah, blah, blah. (Buy new furnace.) Not an option right now.
I was wondering if this is from a limit switch and if I can replace the part myself? The thing works just fine, otherwise. It's been doing this for about a month. Thank you for any help on this.
Robert

Get close and try to pinpoint the buzz, look closely at transformer for a common culprit for that.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Rose

It's more like a clangy sounding rattle that comes and goes. Not so much as a transformer buzz.
Robert

Without being there, can't really say what it is. If it is clanging, will probably be something within blower housing.

Remove the blower assembly and inspect it.

Can't help from here until I know where noise if from.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?