Nordine FEHA-015HA-01-Heat will not shut off

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Ryan5.0

My units are driving me crazy this year. I have replaced the tstat, and the sequencer was replaced about 1 year ago. The heat sometimes will not shut off when the temp is satisfied or when the unit is switched to off. You can shut it off with the breaker and let it sit for about 10 minutes and turn the breaker back on and the unit will stay off until switched back on either by the temp or the switch on the tstat. However, there is a constant buzzing sound coming from the control panel (box above the furnace with all the wires connected to the top) when the breaker is on and the unit is not running. I immediatley thought it was the sequencer, but the buzzing sound coming from the control panel has got me thinking that it may be something else. Any advice or help will be greatly appreciated.
Robert

Hi,

Sequencer could be bad again as they sometimes fail often.

Would have to test circuit with meter to locate fault of unit staying on.

Buzzing could be from the transformer.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?