Nordyne Evaporator Coil

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

HMark

Hi,

I have a Nordyne S3BA unit its about 9 years old. I need a Evaporator Coil for it. Could you tell me the part# of the one I need to order.

- Thanks
Robert

Hi,

S3BA or S3QA ? What is rest of model number ?

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
HMark

Hi,

The book I received with the unit says S3BA 10 seer split system air conditioner. The label on the outside has an area for model but it is blank. There was another sticker inside that says Model U-49 Serial #9812401551. If this is not the correct info, where should I look?
Robert

Hi,

See if you can get the model number off of the compressor dome or a tag attached to the compressor outside inside the condensing unit.

Should be a side panel access to compressor.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
HMark

You we're right. Behind the cover was these numbers:
- Model S3BA-048K Serial # S3B9901-02008

Let me know if these are the correct numbers and if so which evaporator coil I should order from you.
Robert

Hi,

That's it, will be right back.

Thanks,
Robert
Robert

Hi,

Evaporator Coil # 1854QA (Quick-Connect fittings)

Evaporator Coil # 1854SA (Sweated fittings)

Sweated is what I recommend for ease, less chance of leak and cheaper.

Price is listed with each, shipping is $8.00 .

Either can be seen and ordered through PayPal from this page :

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/NordyneAC.html

Thanks,
Robert
HMark

Hi,

Could you tell me, is this coil a direct replacement for the Nordyne unit.? Is the WxDxH similar to the stock one. Our AC guy was claiming the coil is no longer available and that a replacement would require him to refabricate the duct in order to make it fit.
Robert

Hi,

It will work with any mobile home furnace and will work fine for your a/c unit.

What is your furnace model number ?

Thanks,
Robert
HMark

The furnace model# G6RA120C-20
Serial# G6R9812-00842
Robert

Are you in a mobile or modular home ?

Can you measure your a-coil ?

Measure width of drain pan, depth of drain pan (front to rear) and height of coil from bottom of drain pan to top of coil.

Should be fine, but this will help to know for sure.

Thanks,
Robert
HMark

Hi,

A modular home. The evaporator coil is still in the duct work. But I measured the duct its inside and the duct measures 21" W x 21" D x 27" H. So according to the measurements for the size of 1854SA coil 18"W x 19 5/8" D x 18 1/2" H. I guess it will fit?
Robert

Hi,

Yep, should be fine.

Thanks,
Robert