Nordyne E2EB-015HA - A-coil freezing and no cold air

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Figaro

I’m a real novice here and would appreciate any help anybody can offer.

I’ve got a Nordyne Model E3EB-015HA Furnace – A/C. The furnace worked fine all winter but now it’s getting warmer and we need the A/C. When I turn it on everything seems to be working fine except the air isn’t cold.

I took the covers off and noticed the a-coils were covered in ice. I turned it off and waited for the ice to melt, tried it again and the same thing happened. I’m going to clean it as suggested in the article http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/article ... ioner.html I also want to replace the wire mesh filters since they’re pretty old. Up to now I’ve just cleaned them and put them back.

So now my questions. First, everything seems to be working like I said. It’s just not producing cold air. Does it sound like a good cleaning would fix that problem? Second, would my local Home Depot or Lowe’s carry the right filters?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Mikey
Robert

Hi,

Maybe and no. Cleaning will help some, but only completely if that is the problem.

Lowe's and HD will not have filters needed.

Those wire mesh filters are no longer available and weren't very good when they were.

You need the hogs hair cut to fit fibered filter that goes behind the louvered door panel under the lip edges.

Small square grids facing furnace. Some Wal-Marts have them, if not, we have them here. We also have coil cleaner if needed.

1-877-263-7860 to order with Visa or MasterCard or have a PayPal Invoice sent via email for payment.

Every 30 days, remove and clean with warm water and liquid dish soap, rinse well and air dry.

Get two filters and when dirty one is removed, replace with other one and you have 30 days to be ready for next change out.

They last about 8 mos. to a year.

They protect the entire coil cavity as well as the a-coil itself and is what the manufacturer recommends as replacement for old wire mesh filters.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Figaro

Robert,

Thanks for your reply. I'll go ahead and order the new filters.

Besides just needing a cleaning, what else could cause it to freeze like it's doing?
Mikey
Robert

Hi,

Dirty blower wheel, bad blower motor running slow, leak/low refrigerant charge, blockage in duct close to furnace.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Figaro

Robert,

It's working fine so far. I'm still going to get the filters replaced. I'll order them this week.

I really do thank you for your time.
Mikey
Robert

Hi,

You're very welcome, happy to help and thanks in advance for ordering with us.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert