Model MMHA-056AAHR-01 Blower Problem

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

dbdw

Hi,

I have a Nordyne propane furnace model #MMHA-056AAHR-01. The problem I am experiencing is when I turn my furnace on it fires up and after it reaches temperature the the fan turns on to disperse the hot air throughout the house but only stays on for 10 secs and shuts of then trys again for another 10 secs, eventually I turn it to manual just to get some heat in the house. any idea on what my problem is?

My furnace has no AC with it and the fan is a single speed only.
Robert

Hi,

Could be a faulty fan switch cutting in and out.

Some Furnaces have the fan switch and a limit switch side by side and the fan switch has a shield over it to keep blower air from cooling it too quickly.

The shield has been known to break off and also those two switches have been reversed in where they were mounted at factory.

Remove switch and limit and use finger to see if a shield is above fan switch.

Replace fan switch and if still no good, go the shield route.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
dbdw

Is there a site I could go to see how to change out a fan switch?
Robert

Not that I know of. Two spade terminals with two, maybe three wires and two mounting screws.

About as easy of a DIY as there is.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
dbdw

Do you know the part number for the fan switch?
Robert

Fan Switch # 626337 can be seen and ordered through PayPal

from left side of this page :

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/NordyneGas.html

Thanks,
Robert