air conditioning problem

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

vpye

:( Hi my name is Voncia I own a 98 oaknoll by fleetwood, my air conditioning unit fan on the outside is not working. Last night there was some water leaking in front of the a/c spot in the house. What do I need to do to fix the problem. Thanks.
Robert

Hi Voncia,

Has the indoor A-Coil ever been cleaned ? The water inside could be from a dirty a-coil, dirty filter, dirty blower motor and/or blower wheel, faulty blower motor for most common.

Go to top blue toolbar here and click on HVAC, then when the page changes, click on ARTICLES.

See cleaning your a/c and cleaning your furnace blower for steps to clean coil, motor and wheel, as well as outside condensing unit.

As for outdoor fan motor, use a ruler or stick, etc. to give the blades a push with t-stat calling for cooling.

IF the fan starts up and runs ok for a cycle, probably needs a new run capacitor.

Otherwise or if any of this is not understandable or comfortable for you, please call an hvac tech to properly diagnose and resolve the issues.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?