what is it?

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

books

furnace states "Coleman Presidential", heat pump says "Nordyne"

furnace is model 7670, series 856

heat pump is model S3QA-036KA

need to convert furnace to Propane from Natural Gas but not even sure it can be done, or what parts need to be changed.

does heat pump require the older type 12 freon or can the new type be used without any problems.

total idiot that I am I never considered these things when I purchased the mobile home and need to get this fixed before winter gets here. I can deal with the heat, but not the cold.

thanks for any help

books
Robert

Hi Books,

Call toll free to 1-877-263-7860 Mon thru Fri after 9 AM CST and order

an LP Burner Orifice for your furnace model number.

You change it out, then remove the conversion stem from top of gas valve, invert it and reinstall it .

Then have gas pressure changed by an hvac tech or gas co tech for LP, LP tank installed and gas line run and regulator installed.

Then have burner flame inspected and adjusted if needed.

Heat Pump should use R-22 unless it has been retrofitted, should say on condensing unit.

IF the charge is low, it has a leak and will need checked.

All of this is best done by an hvac tech since this is a new system to you. gas furnaces should be thoroughly inspected at first use and every year thereafter be cleaned and serviced.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
books

Robert, thanks for the information. it is a great help. I will have to call next week (SSD Check due) to order the correct LP Burner Orifice. then get it installed

so far as the rest goes, when purchased the piping had been cut and removed from the furnace to the heat pump. everything (including electric lines and switches) was lying on the ground. now that I know that it can be converted I will start getting it hooked up, and new lines ran..
Robert

Hi,

You're very welcome, happy to help. Definately get an hvac tech in there to ensure all is safe for your use and it is put back on line correctly and up to specs and codes.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?