M3RL verticle venting

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

bhough

Is there a made up attic stop/addapter for the 3" exhaust & combustion pipes similiar to the CMF ceiling plate for a verticle install?
Is there any pdf documents of these parts & setups? I haven't seen any roof rain caps for the exhaust either. Thanks,
Brian
Robert

Hi Brian,

Call Mark at toll free 1-877-263-7860 and see what he has or may can get.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
bhough

My current setup has a stainless steel raincap which goes vertically down to the furnace with no bends. The new M3RL will be the same concept with a concentric vent kit in the attic & through the roof. The kit has a raincap that protects the intake air (5" outer) but nothing for the exhaust (3" inner). We get a lot of rain/etc. in NH.
Brian
Robert

Hi Brian,

Here are all roof-jacks and roof-jack accessories :

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/NordyneChimneys.html

Or call the toll free number given earlier.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Rod

On the concentric kit no need to worry about rainwater in the exhaust. It will work its way down and run out the condensate drain. That is how its designed. Other option is to run two separate 3" pipes. 1 for intake & 1 for exhaust and put elbows facing down & away from each other. The M3 installation manual will shown proper venting tecniques, spacing etc.

I have done it both ways and prefer the cencentric kit.

The package for the concentric kit will also conatin instructions.

When we run the concentric kits we use strapping screwed to a truss and use a plumbing to seal it from the weather.

Good luck.

Rod
bhough

Thanks, that is the route I'll try. A small (3") pipe shouldn't take in too much rain & if it does I've seen small rain caps at Lowes. I have the roof boot. If it ever warms up I will start the removal.
Brian
bhough

Rod wrote:On the concentric kit no need to worry about rainwater in the exhaust. It will work its way down and run out the condensate drain. That is how its designed. Other option is to run two separate 3" pipes. 1 for intake & 1 for exhaust and put elbows facing down & away from each other. The M3 installation manual will shown proper venting tecniques, spacing etc.

I have done it both ways and prefer the cencentric kit.

The package for the concentric kit will also conatin instructions.

When we run the concentric kits we use strapping screwed to a truss and use a plumbing to seal it from the weather.

Rod,
Now I am unsure about which size (diameter) for the M3RL-080. I thought 3", am I correct?

Good luck.

Rod