Nordine (Miller) Oil Furnace cycles MANY times on cool down

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

wwcordes

I have a newer Miller Oil Furnace (now Nordine), Model # CMF2-80(PO), S# cma06/20058. It works great... once the burner shuts off, the fan continues to run until it reaches the low limit setpoint - but then it will cycle the circulating fan on and off between 9 to 12 times before it shuts down completely... takes about 1.5 - 2 minutes of this annoying cycling to turn off completely. The blue limit (electronic) setpoint label says F115-20F (part # 626552). I'll assume it takes the heat exchanger temperature down to 115F, with a 5 degree variance? Is this a flaw in the Miller design or do I have a bad limit switch or ? Would a different switch with a greater variance stop this problem? Walter Cordes, Cedarville Michigan.
Robert

Hi Walter,

That is not a limit, it is the fan switch.

It kicks the blower in at 115* and then after burner shut down, keeps blower running until chamber cools to 95*.

This could be a bad switch or a problem in heat exchanger not allowing heat to dissipate or air getting across the switch for some reason.

Due to possibility of a safety issue, would be best to have an hvac tech check it out.

Miller is made/owned by Nordyne.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?