EVAPORATOR CONDENSATE ON FLOOR

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

banjo-nut

:D Fellers, i first must say i have been reviewing the info on your site, and must say it is very knowledgeable, for one like myself, that forgets most of what i have learned, as i get older.... :roll:

i reviewed several posts about my problem, and one recent concerning almost my same issue.

i am unable to resolve my problem

my nordye split system, a- coil on top, downflow unit
cools well, but condensate from the inside of the a-coil is sucked off <by blower motor> and i end up with water all over the electric contorls of the furnance, blower motor, blower shroud, all this water runs down and out on the floor,
:( this is why i had to replace the floor, when i bought the place, and the realty co. claimed it to be from the washer, or hot water heater>---------- boy were they wrong....... :oops:

all the first fixes have been tried,
a coil cleaned, <was not too dirty>
resealed rtv from drain pan to box,
cleaned drain, and verified
< no trap on drain >---- why would i need one ?
i am versed in a/c work, and have done some in the past years, on whole systems, and electrical.
but this has me on a tail spin, of wishing i was on another project :shock:

duct work all up, and repaired on the 12" crossover
good air flow thru ducts
condenser--outside in clean shape.

because this home was only lived in for about 2 years, i think this problem started at the very beginning at install, and the water melted thru destroying all the floor around it, at the get go, under the flooring....

i spent over 400 in electric furnace parts, first fixing it because of water corroded part failurs, this all related to condensate dribbling in all the cover cracks, and rusting up everything.

what am i missing on this :wink:

thanks for the great site, and extra work you all do, to supply this type of info site, it is good to see others, out ther gitter' done ! 8)
ghreds

I'm having the same problem. It's worse since I cleaned the evaporator coils. Anybody?
banjo-nut

I have done alot of split downflow systems on frame and brick homes, and never ran into sucktion force from the squirell cage, pulling evap condensate all over the blower shroud, and running all over thru the electrical componets of the electric furnace, and blower electrical only to end up all over leaching out on the floor, and under wall plates, causeing complet floor rot......

my first fix was the electric furnace componets, includeing the blower motor, cap, auto/man switch, ecct. these all rust rotted from water damage, and blower motor toasted from water entry.

then i thought i was out of the problem, when i seen what was happening when i turned on the a/c unit.

a-coil cleaning, did not help, in fact may have throttled the problem up a little, with more condensate, thinking maybe them drips of water , were not exiting the drain pan.... i went to assure the drain line was completely open, and whatched the pan , and the water did not over flow, it was going where it was suppose to. down the drain and outside. when i poked my head up in the blower section i seen the water droplets being pulled down off the evaporator.
i double checked the charge, with gauges on the condenser----thinking maybe an undercharge, but would have suspected iceing up, on low cool,, not rain forrest conditions.

i am tossing the idea, that since it has been a problem at the get go, of the home, maybe an outside package unit would be the fix, at least, my electric furnace will not toast up again and fry all the electrical componets from shorting out, and rust rot.....
i do not believe putting in 400 bucks in an evap, plus filter dryer, and charge on the unit is worth the risk. or a long term, or even a fix.............................

somebody must know the true secret to this problem,
instead of grasping straws,
as i have been trying to fiqure out, what is going on...
i did asume that the 12" flex that is the crossover duct to the other side of the home, most likely fell down and buckeled up becasue of water inside the ducting, and the weight pulled it down, till the water left-----

still no a/c, and when it runs----- its a floor rainstorm.... leaking out
Robert

Hi,

There is no secret solution to this, it happens at times and has several variables as to why.

Best solution is an hvac tech thoroughly versed in mobile home hvac to inspect it and consult on what is needed.

Be sure entire coil is clean with coil cleaner.

Check blower motor cfm .

Sometimes a coil box eliminates it.

You do need a trap installed in drain line as you have a negative pressure system with coil before the blower.

The trap keeps air from being pulled through drain line which will in effect cause drain line to not drain properly.

Does it always do this,,,,,no . Does it always do it eventually,,,,,,yes.

Make sure all return air is going "through" the coil and none is bypassing the coil.

What is the a-coil model number ?

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?