Loose compressor nordyne

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

ricksch

I have a model T2QC-036K Serial #T2Q9507-07646 12 seer split unit. Lately every once and awhile the outside unit would make a loud vibrating noise when the AC started up. The other day I watched the unit when it started and the compressor would move on the bottom pan and saw that 1 bolt was out laying next to the compressor. Today I took the top off and went to tighten the bolts but they won't tighten. The threads on the ends are tapered to a point about 3/8 inch long from the collar to the point. Can anything be done to repair this? The unit works great yet, even though it's 13 yrs. old. I stopped using the heat pump in the winter time about 10 yrs. ago and only use the electric furnace to save wear and tear on the outside unit.

Thanks in advance
Rick
Robert

Hi Rick,

You could try taking it to a local hvac supply for a new one or I can see about getting it and you can order it from us.

I would do all 4 at same time.

Otherwise, call an hvac tech to take care of it. Do not run a/c until repaired as it could break a line and that could be a hefty fine .

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
ricksch

after further inspectionof all the bolts they look like they rusted in half. the only solution would be to drill out the remaining bolt and rethread the nuts. I'm assuming the nuts are welded to the bottom pan. the problem is getting down inside there to do it. the part number for the bolts is 600284
Rick
Robert

Hi Rick,

Call toll free to 1-877-263-7860 and speak with Mark about getting those if he doesn't have them in stock.

Then it will be time to figure out best way to do it which may be like you said.

From what you stated, probably will need an hvac tech to recover the refrigerant so you can remove the compressor to repair the problems.

Then he would have to reinstall compressor. Due to that, I would pay one service call charge and allow it to be repaired all at once.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?