Need to lower blower speed on M3RL

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

glohworm

Hi there,

Glad I found this forum. I have a 2 yr old Intertherm M3RL 060A furnace with NO A/C. Problem is the blower speed is really high! And very distracting in my small trailer, as you can imagine. Looking at the manual, Figure 27, shows the location of the speed taps on the circuit board on the lower right. I see an orange wire connected to tap M1, no wire to M2, a blue wire to M3, a red wire to HEAT, and a black wire to COOL. Thanks for any help here on which wire/s to pull or switch over.

Gary
Robert

Hi Gary,

M1= Blue

M2= Orange

M3= Black now on COOL

HEAT= Red

COOL= Nothing

EAC= Nothing

XFMR= Black from transformer

L1= Black from deck switch

Be sure that there is not a jumper across/between HEAT and COOL

Thanks,
Robert
www.mobilehomerepair.com
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
glohworm

Thanks very much for your timely reply. I made the changes as you indicated and we'll see how it goes when I fire up the furnace this Fall. Needless to say, you have gained a loyal fan. Thanks again.

Gary
Robert

Hi Gary,

You're very welcome, happy to help. That is correct wiring without a/c . IF there is a problem now, it will be elsewhere other than location of wiring.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?