heat pump doesn't work after blower was cleaned

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

jonathanwb1

Hi
I am having trouble with my heat pump not working. I cleaned the the coils and the blower and that was when the trouble started. Before I took the blower out, I wrote down where all the wires were connected. When I finished cleaning it I slid it back into position and reconnected the wires the way I had found them. Then I tried the fan with the switch on the furnace and it worked fine but when I had put all the covers back on and turned the heat pump on at the thermostat nothing happened. I went back and checked the wires to see if I had wired them wrong or if they were loose but it still didn't work. Then I flipped the switch on the relay control box over to "Furnace" and the furnace worked and I could control it from the thermostat but when I switched the switch back over to"Heat Pump" it wouldn't work. I have tried everything I could think of and it still doesn't work. If someone could help me out with this it would be very helpful. The model numbers and[makes] are:

Top(coils) C1QA-030U-B [Nordyne]
Bottom(furnace/blower/relay control box)FEBA-015HA0-01 [Intertherm/Nordyne] Outside unit can't find # [Miller/Nordyne]

I haven't dealt with this before and I don't want to be poking around without knowing what I'm doing

jonathan
Robert

Hi Jonathan,

With the info given, it would be best to call an hvac tech out to inspect it and locate problem.

Too many variables to do from here and easy to cause costly repairs with a heat pump.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
jonathanwb1

Hi Robert

It's too bad that there isn't any thing I can do to fix it but at least now I know it isn't a waste of money to call in a professional. By the way, this a nice website that you have here.

thanks jonathan
Robert

Hi Jonathan,

It may turn out to be something simple, but from here with the info given, no way for me to determine that.

Check, recheck and triple check the wiring.

The website belongs to Mark Bower. You're very welcome, happy to help and wish I could help further.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?