Nat gas to lp conversion question

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

wizzard

I havea amiller furnace mod: M1MB 070a BW. It is using a 7200 DERC Robert Shaw gas valve. How can i tell if the unit has been converted to lp....? I see it has a valve marked nat gas on one end an lp on the other. It is currently showing the red stripe end pointing away from the valve..? Is this correct. ? What is the correct procedured to change over this valve, and does it need a conversion kit... I just obtained this home and the previous owners were using propane, but the flame just desnt look right...
Robert

Is Nat. Gas or LP upright and legible ?

You invert the conversion stem for gas being used, replace orifice for gas used and change gas pressure for same.

If you believe it may be wrong, call an hvac tech to inspect it.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
wizzard

the end marked LP, with the red stripe is facing out, nat gas reading is closest to the valve.
Robert

That should be correct, but still won't know if orifice and gas pressure is correct.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?