Nordyne E2Eh-012HA slight whistling noise

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

supply1

While running sometimes there is a whistling noise. Still heats fine, nothing blocking the blower that I can tell. Doesn't do it all the time, mostly when it has been running for long periods of time. It kind of sound like it is coming from the blower area but hard to tell.Suggestions?
Robert

Hi,

Make sure filter is clean, clean the motor, wheel and housing.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
supply1

I did that, but the noise got worse and I think it sounds like the wheel or blower is squealing like it is rusted or rubbing against something, like it needs oiled. Everything else works ok.
supply1

I asked a few people about this and they said the blower/motor needs lubricated but I don't see where to do this. The front panel says to apply 2-3 drops of SAE motor oil but it did not list where to do so. The number on the blower panel is 902993, serial EE9711-0442. A 2-speed blower P/N-903074, NORDYNE E2EH-012HA. Suggestions, pictures, or anything would be helpful.
Robert

In order to clean motor, wheel and housing as suggested, you would have to remove and disassemble. That would reveal anything rusted or loose or broken.

You oil at the motor edge in two small oil ports with either plastic or metal plugs.

Use 20 wt. oil, the 3 in 1 blue cans are good or the zoom spout oilers you can buy in big home centers.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?