Nordyne MIMB 070A BW maintenance

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Stratman_69

Hello,
I have a Nordyne MIMB 070A BW furnace in my mobile home which I purchased in 1999.

1) I have yet to replace the filter that resides in the front door because it doesn't seem like it needs replacing (I have cleaned it on several occasions but it never really seemed dirty). Could you explain what the purpose of this filter is and why it is placed inside the front door? It doesn't seem like it really DOES anything? :?

2) Are there any other filters on this unit that I need to clean/replace?

3) Are there any other maintenance procedures I should be implementing on a regular basis?

Thanks for the help. My furnace has ran without a problem for 10 years but I would like to keep it this way for another 10! :)

Stratman_69 8)
Robert

Hi,

Your return air comes through the filter and it stops dust or anything that could clog up the furnace or a-coil if you have a/c.

No other filters besides the door one.

Regular maintenance would be cleaning a/c a-coil once a year, filters every 30 days or so, having an hvac tech clean and service furnace once a year.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Stratman_69

Robert wrote:Hi,

Your return air comes through the filter and it stops dust or anything that could clog up the furnace or a-coil if you have a/c.

No other filters besides the door one.

Regular maintenance would be cleaning a/c a-coil once a year, filters every 30 days or so, having an hvac tech clean and service furnace once a year.

Thanks,
Robert

Robert, thanks for responding. I do not understand how the return air comes though this filter (it's a coarse, blue filter, like a stripping pad). It is placed on the inside of the door, where I don't think any air flows? Wouldn't it do the same thing then if it was on the outside of the door for argument's sake? :? I'm not saying your wrong, I just don't understand. I mean,I haven't had to replace the filter in 10 years so what good could it be doing?
Robert

Hi,

Return air for heating and/or cooling is drawn through the louvered door and filter. You probably have a cheap style filter that really allows more through it than stopping it.

That said, it would be a good time to thoroughly clean the furnace and then get a better filter that will stop any dust/dirt,etc from getting through.

Your furnace has most likely ran at higher temps for 10 years as those filters do stop some contaminants.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?