Intertherm E2EB-017HA COMPRESSOR

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

mikkiblue143

Today my husband turned on the AC. He said that the house started to cool down. I arrived home at 7 pm and unit had been on since 4:30. Air was blowing through vents and outdoor fan was on but I could not hear compressor running. The refrigerant tubing inside was not cold. I am not sure how long unit was unning without the compressor or if it ever came on at all. Can you give me a check list to run down the cause of the compressor not running. (breakers, fuses, wires etc. and their locations relative to the indoor and out door units.) Also, how damaging was it to the unit for it to run that long with out the compressor? Thankfully there was no unhealthy sounding noises just felt and sounded like the fan was on.

You guys have been so helpful in the past. I don't know much about these kind of things but I have been able to make all repairs myself thanks to you guys.
Robert

Hi,

Contactor and compressor wires (outside condenser)

Run capacitorIndoor blower assembly

Compressor wires (outside at compressor)

High Pressure or Low Pressure switches if applicable. (outside condenser unit)

Compressor internal overload due to overheating. (internally inside the compressor.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?