Intertherm FEH 015HA-03 Blower will not start

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Robert

Hi Ricky,

Let me get caught up on some of these forum questions and read over what you wrote in last reply and then I'll give you some tests to do to get to bottom of your problem.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Robert

Hi Ricky,

What happened when you changed setting to HG and t-stat set to heat-auto-85* ?

Try it with jumper removed .

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Ricky.Glenn

Robert

As you suggested, I tried the t-stat in HG ans it did not correct the problem. With the jumper removed, the blower will come on when the t-stat is set to heat, and fan set to on.

Suggestions?

I received the relay and will install it.

Thanks

Ricky
Robert

Hi Ricky,

IF replacing the relay doesn't resolve it, then go to BOTH transformers and test each.

Primary-Line = 240vac

Secondary-Load = 24vac

Thanks,
Robert
Ricky.Glenn

Robert

The xfmr at the furnace has 24 vac when measured between the red wire going to the t-stat and the black wire going to the sequencer. There is 240 on the primary side.

I haven't checked the xfmr on the AC yet. But I will and will let you know.

With the t-stat set to HG, auto and set to demand heat with jumper removed the blower does not come on.

Regarding the relay, the one installed is an after market honeywell with 10 terminals. The one I ordered has only the six required terminals. The wiring schematic/diagram does not show the relay, but says install relay IAW diagram on relay. However, the OEM relay does not have a diagram. If possible, please identify where terminals 1 thru 6 on the relay should be connected.

Thanks

Ricky
Robert

Hi Ricky,

1 = 24vac common side of transformer

3 = G on t-stat

5 = sequencer M 2

6 = Blower motor heat speed (low)

2 = furnace breaker

4 = Blower motor cool speed (high)

Thanks,
Robert